Today I just flew out of Dublin – to be redirected back to Dublin after a couple of minutes – because of a broken door. Of course it couldn’t be worse, as I was supposed to pick up the “worldwide director of PS” in Heathrow to guide him savely through London to eventually get to Nottingham. Even better I can’t reach him on his mobile. Bad Monday morning!
Here my top 5 plane unexpected fails:
1. 2.5h being late because of a broken bulb in the cockpit which turned out not being broken, but the plane was. Departure after changing the plane.
2. 2h being late because of a plane not starting because there was a leak somewhere. After watching maintenance crew taking out and checking all bathroom components we eventually changed plane and departed.
3. Today’s fail: after 20 minutes in the air landing in Dublin again. Delay unknown (so far)
4. 30 min late after landing in Heathrow there wasn’t any gate available because of bad weather conditions, planes weren’t allowed to start. The captain solved this by “charming the ground crew” and getting a gate assigned.
5. 30 min late because not being allowed to start in Heathrow because the ground crew was required to chase a fox on the runway.
Popularity: 1% [?]Tags: fail, nottingham, travel