My blog got quite slow recently, and I think even though the “recently shared” posts generated lots of traffic I didn’t really like them being mixed up with content generated by me. I also got tired of the layout. I haven’t done any recent updates so that was required at some point too and finally… I got incredibly bored in Pforzheim, Germany.
I removed a couple of static pages:
- As Google has removed the google reader sharing and google+ just made me tired of virtual social networks I moved the Just Read tab into old stuff.
- Husband has now multiple blogs and I guess people should follow him directly.
I removed other page integrations
- I removed all the share and social network stuff. If you like my post and want to share it just copy the URL. Main reasons for that decision is site performance and the unlikelihood of re-sharing of already shared content.
- Sadly I haven’t earned anything on flattr. So the default donation button remains on the main page, but the article specific buttons are now gone.
- I removed the collection of shared items – my foot prints if you recall. With google reader gone and me not using twitter anymore it’s less likely that there is any interesting stuff on it, and sharing my foursquare logs etc does only do a little stuff. With all the call back links there was a bit of traffic and loads of spam. For now I have hidden all these posts, I might delete them one day forever. I might have messed up my timeline / feed though as my filter wasn’t correct initially.
- I removed a few plugins and polished some other things in the back end to improve the performance of my blog.
- I added a new theme with a more lean layout.
Guess what, more is up to come.
Popularity: 2% [?]Tags: blog, update